(310) 980-3186 | email@example.com
Graphic design and fine art professional specializing in branding and innovative design solutions for both print and digital media.
Graphic Designer | June 2015 - present
- As a freelance graphic designer, I specialize in a wide variety of print and web design, taking projects from concept to completion. I communicate with clients to understand and interpret their individual project objectives, then translate those visions into creative designs that communicate a clear and effective message to the target audience.
- Utilizing the Adobe Creative Suite, color theory, and innovative design and typography techniques, I take a project through every stage of the creative process. After the initial meeting with a client, I will create design thumbnails, submit drafts and discuss edits, then deliver final projects on schedule and within budget. With printed materials, I handle paper selection, prepress, proofing and press checks.
- I have created new logo and branding/identity packages, and also worked effectively within existing branding guidelines. My design projects have included everything from annual reports, calendars, invitations, and booklets to websites, short animations, social media and email graphics.
- In running my own business, I have developed expert time management skills, since I am always juggling multiple projects and clients at a time. I also prioritize customer service, clear communication, and flexibility in my work.
Senior Graphic Designer | May 2010 - May 2015
- Created branded print materials for Kaiser Permanente, Southern California Regional Health Education. Was responsible for translating brand strategy into graphic designs for highly visible, multifaceted marketing, member retention, and educational materials, and developing high-quality, cost-effective collateral that reached a broad array of target audiences.
- Worked closely with the Regional Health Education Publications group leader and senior editors to ensure that all publications effectively conveyed the Kaiser Permanente brand, and met business and communication objectives.
- Using layout design, visual hierarchy, charts, and illustrations, I distilled complex medical information into easily digestible and compelling content to promote patient education and understanding.
- To support Health Education DEI initiatives, I used Adobe Acrobat to create ADA compliant and accessible PDF versions of all printed materials, and worked with professional translators to translate our publications into Spanish and eight other threshold languages.
The California State University, Office of the Chancellor
Graphic Designer II | August 2007 - May 2010
- Worked to manage and maintain new branding standards throughout the Chancellor’s Office to advance clear, consistent, and persuasive messaging that promoted and elevated the CSU. Collaborated with the internal creative team and cross-system leaders to design and re-brand publications to fit within branding guidelines, and acheive a cohesive style that connected with the target audience.
- Fostered relationships with the Communications Director, Director of the Center for Community Engagement, and other department leaders to understand their unique objectives, and translate their vision into a design strategy that would accomplish their goals while effectively representing the CSU brand. I ensured that all deadlines were met, and all client feedback was utilized to create a successful final product.
- Responsible for designing systemwide printed publications such as annual reports, applications, teaching materials, and specialty projects including public displays, invitations and awards. Also responsible for front-end website design, transforming websites for the CSSA and Hospitality departments into branded, engaging, and dynamic sites that connected with the students.
- I designed a series of posters and companion brocuhre for the CSU Capitol Display that won the CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) District VII Award of Excellence, in the category of Outstanding Communications.
South Coast Repertory
Graphic Designer | July 2005 - August 2007
- Trained and supervised one direct report, the Associate Graphic Designer. I delegated design projects and tasks with clear deadlines, provided creative feedback, and offered support in strategizing effective designs and interpreting client visions. Together we attended press checks, and maintained the graphics archive.
- Worked closely with the Marketing Director, Development Director and Artistic Director to capture a broad range of creative ideas, and helped actualize those visions into strategic designs that would form connections and inspire our audience to attend shows and events.
- Designed subscription-related materials, advertising materials for the productions, postcards, posters, direct email blasts, and short animations for the electronic marquee sign. Also managed projects of a larger scope including the invitations, programs, and support pieces for the annual Gala Ball, as well as illustrating the season’s show logos in a way that reflected the vision of the Artistic Director.
- Ensured that all projects were kept within budget, and that all printed materials were delivered on time and with a quality that reflected the standards of the theater.
Aesthetic Systems Branding and Design Group
Graphic Design Intern/Production Artist | June - December 2004
- Assisted in the design, layout, and production of package designs for retail clients including Custom LeatherCraft and Razor USA.
- Photo retouching and color correction, inputting copy, creating mock-ups, and handling administrative office tasks.
Cal Poly Pomona Art Department
Computer Lab Technician/Teaching Assistant | January 2003 - June 2005
- Responsible for technical and design assistance, daily maintenance and troubleshooting of the Art Department's three Graphic Design Computer Labs, providing printing services, and offering tutorials for graphic design software applications.
B.F.A. in Graphic Design | June 2005
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Dreamweaver, After Effects)
- Microsoft Office
- HTML and CSS
- Branding Design
- Social Media Marketing
- Prepress and Printing
- Graphics for Web and Email Campaigns
- Excellent people skills
- Motivated attitude
- Attention to detail
- Meets deadlines
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, as part of a creative team
Professional and personal references given upon request.