(310) 980-3186 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Graphic design and fine art professional specializing in branding and innovative design solutions for both print and digital media.
Graphic Designer/Illustrator | June 2005 - present
- Currently specializing in a wide variety of print and web design, taking projects from concept to completion.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with clients through every step of the process, and keeping projects on schedule and within budget. I work closely with the client to understand their personal vision for each project, and have designed everything from logo and identity packages to calendars, invitations, booklets, websites, and more.
- Clients have included The California State University Center for Community Engagement, MOMS Club of Lakewood, Girls Math and Science Academy, CRIMSON clothing boutique and the Law Office of Julia H. Sullivan LLC.
Senior Graphic Designer | May 2010 - May 2015
- Created branded print materials for Kaiser Permanente, Southern California Regional Health Education. Was responsible for translating brand strategy into graphic designs for highly visible, multifaceted marketing, member retention, and educational materials, and developing high-quality, cost-effective collateral that reached a broad array of target audiences.
- Worked closely with the Regional Health Education Publications group leader, senior editors, and other members of the Regional Health Education department to ensure that all publications effectively conveyed the Kaiser Permanente brand, and met business and communication objectives.
The California State University, Office of the Chancellor
Graphic Designer II | August 2007 - May 2010
- Specialized in branded print design and front-end web design for the CSU. Responsible for designing systemwide publications such as annual reports, applications, teaching materials, and specialty projects including public displays, invitations and awards.
- Worked closely with the Communications Director and Client Services Manager to meet all deadlines, and effectively represent the mission and brand of the CSU.
South Coast Repertory
Graphic Designer | July 2005 - August 2007
- Oversaw the projects of the Associate Graphic Designer, attended press checks, and maintained the graphics archive.
- Worked closely with the Marketing Director, Development Director and Artistic Director to meet all deadlines and budgets, and effectively represent the needs of the theatre through every design.
- Designed subscription-related materials, show logos, the invitation package for the annual Gala Ball, advertising materials for the productions, postcards, posters, direct email blasts, short animations for the electronic marquee sign, etc.
Aesthetic Systems Branding and Design Group
Graphic Design Intern/Production Artist | June - December 2004
- Assisted in the design, layout, and production of package designs for retail clients including Custom LeatherCraft and Razor USA.
- Photo retouching and color correction, inputting copy, creating mock-ups, and handling administrative office tasks.
Cal Poly Pomona Art Department
Computer Lab Technician/Teaching Assistant | January 2003 - June 2005
- Responsible for technical and design assistance, daily maintenance and troubleshooting of the Art Department's three Graphic Design Computer Labs, providing printing services, and offering tutorials for graphic design software applications.
B.F.A. in Graphic Design | June 2005
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Adobe Creative Suite:
Expert level in
- Dreamweaver (HTML and CSS)
- After Effects
- Acrylic & Oil Painting
- Mural Painting
Excellent people skills, dedication, motivated attitude, attention to detail, meets deadlines, thrives in a fast-paced environment as part of a creative team.
Awards, Achievements, Exhibitions
- 2008: CSU Capitol Display Project won the CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) District VII Award of Excellence, in the category of Outstanding Communications.
- 2006: Invited to return to Cal Poly Pomona for the "Professor For a Day" program to lead an Advanced Typography class for the Art Department.
- 2005: Graduated with the honor of summa cum laude for maintaining a cumulative GPA of above 3.8.
- 2005: Black/White Photography entitled Wishing Well exhibited in the W.K. Kellogg Gallery juried 2D/3D show.
- 2005: Student project entitled Before It's Too Late (poster, book, and 3D package design) exhibited in the CPP Environmental Design Glass Gallery.
- 2003: "CPP" logo design for Cal Poly Pomona was selected from more than 100 entries to be built in concrete and positioned on the side of the hill on campus. Received cash award from the president of the university for winning the contest.
Professional and personal references given upon request.