B.F.A. in Graphic Design | June 2005
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Senior Graphic Designer | May 2010 - present
Currently specializing in branded print design for Kaiser Permanente, Southern California Regional Health Education. Responsible for translating brand strategy into graphic designs for highly visible, multifaceted marketing, member retention, and educational materials, and developing high-quality, cost-effective collateral that reaches a broad array of target audiences. I work closely with the Regional Health Education Publications group leader, senior editors, and other members of the Regional Health Education department to ensure that all publications effectively convey the Kaiser Permanente brand, and meet business and communication objectives.
The California State University, Office of the Chancellor
Graphic Designer II | August 2007 - May 2010
Specialized in branded print design and front-end web design for the CSU. Responsible for designing systemwide publications such as annual reports, applications, teaching materials, etc, and specialty projects including public displays, invitations and awards. Worked closely with the Communications Director and Client Services Manager to meet all deadlines, and effectively represent the mission and brand of the CSU.
South Coast Repertory
Graphic Designer | January - August 2007
Responsible for designing subscription-related materials, show logos, the invitation package for the annual Gala Ball, etc., as well as overseeing the Associate Graphic Designer, attending press checks, and maintaining the graphics archive. Worked closely with the Marketing Director, Development Director and Artistic Director to meet all deadlines and budgets, and effectively represent the needs of the theatre through every design.
Associate Graphic Designer | July 2005 - January 2007
Responsible for designing advertising materials for the theatre, postcards, posters, direct email blasts, short animations for the electronic marquee sign, illustrated show logos, etc. Worked closely with the Senior Graphic Designer and Associate Marketing Director.
Aesthetic Systems Branding and Design Group
Graphic Design Intern/Production Artist | June - December 2004
Responsible for assisting in the design, layout, and production of package designs for retail clients including Custom LeatherCraft and Razor USA, photo retouching and color correction, inputting copy, creating mock-ups, and handling administrative office tasks.
Cal Poly Pomona Art Department
Computer Lab Technician/Teaching Assistant | January 2003 - June 2005
Responsible for technical and design assistance, daily maintenance and troubleshooting of the Art Department's three Graphic Design Computer Labs, providing printing services, and offering tutorials for graphic design software applications.
Knowledge of the following software applications:
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (CS4)
- Dreamweaver, HTML coding
- Microsoft Office
- Illustration (in colored pencil, primarily for children's books/poetry)
- Mural painting (in acrylic)
- Oil painting
Excellent people skills, dedication, a hard-working and motivated attitude, attention to detail, organization, working well with deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and the ability to learn quickly
Awards, Achievements, Exhibitions
- 2008: CSU Capitol Display Project won the CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) District VII Award of Excellence, in the category of Outstanding Communications.
- 2006: Invited to return to Cal Poly Pomona for the "Professor For a Day" program to lead an Advanced Typography class for the Art Department.
- 2005: Graduated with the honor of summa cum laude for maintaining a cumulative GPA of above 3.8.
- 2005: Black/White Photography entitled Wishing Well exhibited in the W.K. Kellogg Gallery juried 2D/3D show.
- 2005: Student project entitled Before It's Too Late (poster, book, and 3D package design) exhibited in the CPP Environmental Design Glass Gallery.
- 2003: "CPP" logo design for Cal Poly Pomona was selected from more than 100 entries to be built in concrete and positioned on the side of the hill on campus. Received cash award from the president of the university for winning the contest.
- 2001: Received a $2,500 scholarship from Sempra Utilities based on academic achievements, an essay contest, and letters of recommendation.
Professional and personal references given upon request.